How To Care For Your Skin Type
Knowing your skin type is only part of the equation: You also need to know how to meet your skin type’s primary needs. Ahead, we’ll give you the details so you can be better equipped to build a skincare routine that suits your skin.
Lucky You. Your skin is neither excessively oily nor dry. Normal skin can tolerate most ingredients and doesn’t flare up or break out when you change your skincare routine. Your skin’s moisture balance can also help you avoid fine lines and wrinkles. Most people with normal skin may have an occasional breakout but breakouts aren’t typically a frequent problem.
Your skincare routine can be as simple as a gentle cleanser, a moisturizer of your preference and sunscreen. However, you can mix up and play with your routine by:
- Adding a toner after cleansing, like Bellenique Rejuvenating Toner or Bellenique Rose Hydrating Toner
- Fighting damage by free radicals with Bellenique Vitamin C Serum Lotion
- Treating wrinkles with Bellenique Collagen Serum and Bellenique Collagen Moist
You might be tempted to over cleanse your face to remove unwanted oil. However, you’ll get better results by being gentle and using an equally gentle cleanser on oily skin. Removing too much oil can strip the skin of its natural hydration, causing it to produce even more sebum to rehydrate the skin. A gentle cleanser like Deep Cleansing Gentle Facial Wash removes excess oil and kills the bacteria that cause breakouts but still leaves the skin hydrated.
Avoid oil-based products. Products that can help you manage oily skin include:
- Bellenique Healing Toner does not contain Alcohol and uses natural botanicals to target acne and smooth the skin
- Bellenique Soothing Moist acts as a light, fast-absorbing moisturizer that helps prevent acne formation
- Bellenique Red Relief Serum w/Undaria Pinnatifida Stem Cell calms and soothes skin
- Bellenique Spot Treatment battles blemish and controls breakout.
Dry skin needs help staying hydrated. You can use heavier moisturizers that does not clog the skin. However, you may still want to keep a lighter moisturizer on hand to put on your face throughout the day. You can try:
- Bellenique Rejuvenating Toner heals, soothes and hydrates before applying your moisturizer for an extra spritz of hydration
- Bellenique Hydrating Face Serum w/Globularia Cordifolia Callus Stemcell, a lightweight serum hydrates, firms and calms skin. Reduces wrinkles and enhances skin glow
- Bellenique Super Hydro-Moist Restore your skin to plump, radiant softness. .
- Bellenique Hydrating Eye Gel w/Globularia Cordifolia Callus StemCell hydrates and prevents cellular water loss.
Combination skin has areas of dryness and areas of oiliness, which means you may need a combination of products to successfully hydrate and manage your skin. At times, you may experience breakouts, but mostly in the T-zone(forehead, nose, and chin). Your cheeks may get flaky or feel tight.
A gentle cleanser like Bellenique Vitamin C Cleanser is Sulfate free. Refines skin texture, reduces wrinkle appearance. Bellenique Oxygen Revitalizing Cleanser is anti-aging, soothes, hydrates and brightens. It can still work on your combination skin without causing breakouts on your skin’s drier areas.
If you need a little extra hydration, Bellenique Rejuvenating Toner, heals, soothes and hydrates and Bellenique Vitamin C Serum Lotion are good choices that can nourish your dry skin without clogging the pores of your oilier areas.
Many of Bellenique's Moisturizer is suitable for combination.
Any skin type can also be sensitive—dry, oily, normal, or combination. If you have sensitive skin, look for products made with natural ingredients. When changing your skincare routine, add only one new product to your skincare routine at a time so you can see how your skin reacts in combination with any other products you use.
Bellenique Soothing Moist is a light-weight, fast-absorbing moisturizer that suits sensitive skin.