Why Do I Have Acne?
Acne develops when sebum — an oily substance that lubricates your hair and skin — and dead skin cells plug hair follicles. Bacteria can trigger inflammation and infection resulting in more severe acne.
What You Need To Know About Acne?
Acne is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes spots and pimples, especially on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest, and upper arms. It commonly occurs during puberty, when the sebaceous glands activate, but it can occur at any age. It is not dangerous, but it can leave skin scars.
What Causes Acne?
Various things can cause breakouts. Stress, certain skin care or acne treatments, dehydration, diet, lack of sleep, contact with the skin, and smoking are all common causes
According to medical experts, hormonal changes, lack of hygiene, deficiency of essential vitamins and minerals, genetics, inadequate intake of water, etc. are known to be some of the prime contributors to acne breakouts.
How to Treat your Acne?
If your acne is mild, applying Bellenique Acne, Pimple and Sensitive Skin Series can provide you an effective acne treatment. In case you’re suffering from severe acne breakouts, it is important to visit a dermatologist who can suggest you an appropriate acne treatment plan after visually seeing your condition.
Prevention and management tips
Here are some tips for looking after skin that has acne or is prone to it.
- Wash your face no more than twice each day with warm water and mild soap made especially for acne. A good choice is Bellenique Deep Cleansing Gentle Wash
- Tone skin properly. Facial toner gives your skin a hydration boost, and sweep away skin cells, dirt, and any impurities that your face wash and cleanser didn't quite catch and to bring your skin back to its natural acidic state, which helps your skin to absorb the next round of products. Bellenique Healing Toner balance, tone and clarify the delicate skin. increase cell renewal without the risk of irritation. Willow bark is also known for antiseptic, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. This blend of extracts is cold processed and is Alcohol free
- Refrain from touching the face.
- Avoid popping pimples, as this makes scarring likelier. When there is pimple, dot Bellenique Spot Treatment, it battles blemish and controls breakout
- Do not scrub the skin or burst the pimples, as this may push the infection further down, causing more blocking, swelling, and redness. Bellenique Red Relief calms down trouble skinChoose moisturizer for sensitive skin and avoid oil-based products. Bellenique Soothing Moist was designed to hydrate, mattifies, and helps prevent acne formation. Suitable for Sensitive skin. Actives purify skin and provide extreme antioxidant benefits. Turmeric helps the skin appear fresh, gotu kola is invigorating, licorice helps the skin appear even and smooth, and sage, goldenseal, propolis, sandalwood, and melissa all soothe the skin. Jojoba oil, which rates zero on the comedogenic scale, moisturizes without clogging pores.
- Remove makeup before sleeping.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, as it can cause the skin to produce more sebum. Several acne medications increase the risk of sunburn
- Avoid anxiety and stress, as it can increase production of cortisol and adrenaline, which exacerbate acne.
- Try to keep cool and dry in hot and humid climates, to prevent sweating.
- Acne is a common problem. It can cause severe embarrassment, but treatment is available, and it is effective in many cases. Acne and Blemish Care