Every skin is unique. Skin consists of various types, such as normal, dry, oily or combination. Knowing your skin type can help you determine the type of skincare product to use.
Steps involved in determining your skin type :
- 1. Start by washing your face with a mild cleanser and face wash.
- 2. Pat it dry and don't apply any product.
- 3. Leave it bare for about 30 minutes and then start your skin test.
- 4. Suggestive is to wait for another 30 minutes and examine your skin again.
- 5. Gently pat a blotting paper on the different areas of your face.Hold the sheet up to the light to determine how much oil is visible.
If the sheet picked up little to no oil, you most likely have normal skin. Normal skin has an even balance of sebum production, so it usually looks healthy without being greasy or dry-looking.
Oily skin has more sebum than dry or normal, so it is shinier and greasy looking.
Dry skin has less oil production than normal or oily, so it can look flaky or tight after cleansing.
If the blotting sheet reveals oil from the forehead and nose areas, you have Combination skin.